Next Scott Classic post
A second thread of this blog is the filling of a pair of Scott Classic Albums. As noted in the intro post, I spend most, but not all of my stamp time on first issues. Some of the other pursuits are:
- all affordable stamps 1840-1940
- the French Marianne stamps
- GB definitives
- GB Victorias with my initials
- various thematics
I have been collecting classics for about a decade in an old and tatty one-volume Scott and for Christmas had a nearly virginal two volume set.
I need to build slip cases for them, then gradually transfer my current stocks and develop a strategy for filling them. The strategy I have in mind is twofold:
- Random additions from the occasional Bexley PhilSoc world boxes, and
- Concentrate on one country at a time, probably starting with GB, then Egypt.